Join us for Tech Week 2021!
The past year has presented unprecedented challenges for higher education, but it’s also demonstrated the value of learning technologies and the opportunities they offer for our teaching, learning, and research. As we prepare to return to the classroom this fall, the Learning Tech team and partners across Grounds are joining together to present a series of interactive virtual sessions on more than a dozen tools and strategies, from transforming feedback with Gradescope to fostering textual conversations with Hypothesis to increasing engagement with Poll Everywhere.
Most of these sessions will feature UVA instructors and staff members sharing details and demonstrations of how they use the tools in their courses and projects.
Select the button below to register for sessions, and continue scrolling to browse the complete schedule. You can register for as many sessions as you like. Registrants will also receive links to the meeting recordings after their conclusion, so we encourage you to register for any sessions that interest you, even if you aren’t able to attend them live.
Email email@example.com with questions.
MONDAY, August 16
- Gradescope | 10:00-11:00 AM ET with Taylore Pence and Adam Koch, Commerce
- iClicker Cloud | 10:00-11:00 AM ET with Glen Garrett, Macmillan
- Hypothesis | 1:00-2:00 PM ET with Jill Martiniuk, Center for Teaching Excellence; Christian Steinmetz, Education
- Peerceptiv | 2:00-3:00 PM ET with Megan Reiley, Peerceptiv; Jennifer Sessions, History
TUESDAY, August 17
- Digication | 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET with Yitna Firdyiwek, A&S Learning Design & Technology; Tamika Carey, English
- Poll Everywhere | 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET with Alex Greenfelder, Poll Everywhere; Filip Loncke, Dave Stoops, and Kit Tracy, Education
WEDNESDAY, August 18
- Captioning and Accessibility Tools and Services | 10:00-11:00 AM ET with Sarah Humphreys, Kristin Roush, and Martina Syvantek, Student Disability Access Center
- Kaltura | 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET with Courtney Beach and Marcus Goldbas, Commerce
- Flipgrid | 2:00-3:00 PM ET with Kevin Tressler, Linda Eastham, Tracy Kelly, and Barbara Reyna, Nursing
THURSDAY, August 19
- Microsoft Teams | 11:00 AM-12:00 PM ET with Rick Reifenstein, Information Technology Services; Rich Ross, Statistics
- Lessons in UVACollab | 12:00-1:00 PM ET with Jill Martiniuk, Center for Teaching Excellence; Marina Escámez Ballesta, Spanish
- iClicker Cloud | 1:00-2:00 PM ET with Glen Garrett, Macmillan
- Qualtrics | 2:00-3:00 PM ET with Sarah Schultz Robinson, Institutional Research and Analytics; Lindsay Wheeler, Center for Teaching Excellence
FRIDAY, August 20
- Gradescope | 10:00-11:00 AM ET with Gail Hunger, A&S Learning Design & Technology; Gretchen Martinet, Statistics